Compensating foam pads
Compensating pads allow dilatation movements of an element at the end of straight section. They are made of polyethylene with increased thermal stability and can be easily welded by hot air gun .
Other typical characteristics of pads are:
- high elasticity in temperatures-70°C to+85°C
- good shock absorption effect
- high terminal insulation ability
- low water absorption
- high resistance factor against water vapour diffusion
- good chemical resistance
Suspension characteristic and compressive stress
- Material compressive stress at 25% deformity – 48 kPa
- Material compressive stress at 50% deformity– 116 kPa
- Material compressive stress at 75% deformity– 325 kPa
Because this substance has small cells and small specific weight, it has as very good thermo-insulating ability - lambda = 0,040 W / mK.
The table of used dimensions ( pad width is standard h = 40 mm):